Wednesday 20 May 2015

Exhibition advertising


 
I’m having a solo exhibition in September for the body of work I’ve produced during my PhD. It is called ‘The domestic veil’ and will be in The Crypt Gallery, St Pancras, Euston Road, London from 8 to 12 September 2015 – put it in the diary now! It seems a long way off and I’m still finishing off the thesis, but having just received a selection of magazines I subscribe to, I realise that I have to think about advertising now. Many of the magazines are quarterly or bimonthly and some of the deadlines are at the end of May. Both Crafts and Embroidery are published in July and September so I’m aiming for their September issues in the hope that people might see the listing and decided to visit. I’m worried that if I advertise in July people will have forgotten about it by September! However for the quarterly magazines, like Lace, I’ll have to go for the July issue. Nearer the time I’ll also have to start advertising on the internet but I think for now I just have to meet those magazine deadlines.  

No comments: