Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lace archive research


Having spent the last few weeks finishing off my Battle of Britain panels I’m having a change and spending next week doing some archive research. I’m going to Nottingham to study some of the archives relating to lace curtain manufacture held at the University of Nottingham and also hoping to spend some time in the lace archive at Nottingham Trent University looking at samples of lace curtain patterns and design. I’ve been searching online to see what the various archives hold but it’s difficult to know exactly what to order- some things seem promising but turn out not to be useful, while others turn out to be hidden gems. I’ve ordered a selection of material and hope it will be useful, or at least lead me on to things that are! I’m also going to the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture in London to see some of their net curtain designs as well, so it will be a busy week. 

No comments: